Even though I have a Master of Arts in Journalism backing up a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Cultural Studies, it took a long time to think of myself as a writer. I started out in TV production, dabbled in artist management, then went into radio. I worked mainly as a producer for news programs and presented occasionally.
Nowadays I write feature articles focusing on the outdoors and travel. Read all my freelance journalism articles, including;
- ‘Have you got what it takes to be a tour guide?‘ – Escape, Sep 2023
- ‘How to nab a cruise bargain with a family of 5.’ – Escape, Sep 2023
- ‘There’s a wave of middle-aged women learning to surf and I’m on it.’ – Adventure.com, Jun 2023
- ‘Travel boycotts are not the answer. Here’s why.’ – Adventure.com, Oct 2022
- ‘The moment I knew: ‘He raced over to help some hapless hikers.’ – The Guardian, Oct 2022
- ‘Hermitage Foreshore Walk.’ – Broadsheet, Sep 2021
- ‘Sydney’s new hiking track from Bondi to Manly‘ – New Zealand Herald (travel section), Dec 2019
And I used to blog at Sydney Coast Walks about hiking in Sydney’s natural areas.
There was also that short stint as a TV presenter and producer …