Even though I have a Master of Arts in Journalism backing up a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Cultural Studies, it took a long time to think of myself as a writer. I started out in TV production, dabbled in artist management, then went into radio. I worked mainly as a producer for news programs and presented occasionally.
I write feature articles focusing on the outdoors and travel. Read all my freelance journalism feature articles via Contently, including;
- ‘Town and Country: Sydney’s Great West Walk’ – Great Walks magazine Apr/May 2022
- ‘Ripping Yarns’ (stories from the Bondi to Manly Walk) – Great Walks magazine Dec 2021/Jan 2022
- ‘Hiking the harbour city’ – Great Walks magazine, Dec 2019/Jan 2020
- ‘Sydney’s new hiking track from Bondi to Manly’ – New Zealand Herald (travel section), Dec 2019
- ‘Hiking in Haleakala National Park, Hawaii’ – Wild magazine, Jul/Aug 2019.
And I blog at Sydney Coast Walks about hiking in Sydney’s natural areas. I’m handy with a camera, audio and video content.
There was also that short stint as a TV presenter and producer …